- Ref: F1-070025
- Fixed Term Contract 3 years (CDD),
- Full-time 40 hrs/week
- Number of positions: 1
- Start day: 1 February 2018 or later upon agreement.
The successful candidate will join the CRYPTOLUX group led by Prof. Alex Biryukov. He or she will contribute to a research project on future directions in cryptography and IT security and is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Shaping research directions and producing results in one or more of the following topics:
- Design and cryptanalysis of symmetric cryptographic primitives
- Side-channel attacks on symmetric cryptosystems and countermeasures
- Financial cryptography, crypto-currencies, blockchain technologies
- Privacy enhancing technologies
- White-box cryptography
- Attracting funding in cooperation with academic and industrial partners
- Coordinating research projects and delivering outputs
- Providing guidance to Ph.D. and M.Sc. students
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
- A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Competitive research record in applied cryptography or information security (at least one paper in top 10 IT security conferences)
- Strong mathematical and algorithmic CS background
- Good development skills in C and/or C++ and scripting languages
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
The University offers a three-year employment contract and may be extended up to five years. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a large IT security- focused research center (>200 people).
Applications, written in English, should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, photo, work experience, publications)
- Cover letter and research statement indicating topics of interest and your motivation to apply for the position (max 1 page)
- Contact information for 3 referees
Deadline for applications: 25 January, 2018. Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival.