Are you looking for a fully-funded Ph.D. in the social sciences?
The European University Institute’s call for Ph.D. applications is open from 2 November 2016 until 31 January 2017. The EUI is an international research institution that concentrates exclusively on doctoral programmes, a post-doctoral programme and research in the social sciences.
Our fully-funded four-year Ph.D. programmes start in September 2017, with approximately 150 scholarships available that cover tuition fees and provide a monthly grant.
Based in Florence, we offer well-structured and well-supervised doctoral programmes in:
- History and Civilization
- Political and Social Sciences
An EUI Ph.D. is more than writing a dissertation
- Join our culturally diverse academic community – study alongside more than 900 scholars from over 60 countries
- Develop your intellectual curiosity – well-structured Ph.D. programmes that enable original research in four disciplines
- A dynamic multi-lingual environment – work predominantly in English, while enjoying our view on the beautiful city of Florence
- Fully-funded four-year Ph.D. programmes – approximately 150 scholarships offered annually
- Be part of an international professional network – our alumni hold positions in academia (69%), international organisations (12%), national institutions (6%) and the private sector (4%)*
* Alumni Destination Survey 2014
How do you apply?
You can apply online now via the Apply button below.
If you want to start your EUI Ph.D. in September 2017, then you must complete and submit your online application by 31 January 2017. We encourage you to start your application as soon as possible, in order to give your referees time to supply references and for you to submit your application well before our January deadline.
Please visit our website for further information and to check your eligibility.